- About Us
- Student Life
The Catholic High School of Baltimore offers employees opportunities for professional development, as well as, a competitive compensation and benefits package in the Franciscan tradition of educating young women through academic excellence, Christian community service and responsible leadership.
Current open positions:
The Catholic High School of Baltimore, a Franciscan sponsored secondary school, is seeking a dynamic candidate to join our talented staff as a Technology Assistant. This position will assist with and support technology equipment within the school. The position offers part-time, flexible hours.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist the Director of Technology with the operation of the school’s Help Desk and responds to Administration, faculty, staff, and student technology needs.
- Create and manage help desk support tickets.
- Research, document and manage technical solutions using available resources.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues in a timely manner and submit vendor repair tickets when needed.
- Perform user data backup and configuration of Windows machines and iOS devices.
- Move and relocate technology equipment within the school building as necessary.
- Maintain hardware inventory for asset management purposes.
- Act as staff mentor to technology support students and assign tasks as needed.
- Assist the Director of Technology with network management tasks.
- Other reasonably related duties as assigned by the Director of Technology.
Preferred Qualifications for this position are listed below:
- Gives evidence of commitment to the vision and philosophy of The Catholic High School of Baltimore
- Possesses or is in current pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent degree
- Experience troubleshooting basic network, software, and printing problems
- Experience with desktop and laptop hardware replacement
- Knowledge of various operating systems, specifically Windows 7 and iOS
- Experience with a help desk management system, Office 365, Microsoft Office applications, Active Directory, DHCP, McAfee Anti-virus, and Windows imaging tasks
- Experience in troubleshooting end-user equipment; such as, laptops, desktops, tablets (specifically iPads), and printers
- Knowledge and ability to maintain and troubleshoot instructional technology equipment; such as, projectors and document cameras
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage various projects as assigned
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written, in a respectful manner
- Dependable, highly organized, reliable, and able to work within a team or independently
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Lift up to 20 lb. of technology-related equipment
- Crawl under or around furniture to repair/install equipment
General Professional Responsibilities:
In addition to the responsibility of showing competency in the area of responsibilities, each employee is to maintain loyalty to the mission and policies of the school so that the ultimate objectives of the school can be carried out. Frequently, it is not the school policy in itself that guarantees a well-run school, but the consistency with which that policy is upheld by the Administration, Faculty, Professional and Support Staff. Hence each employee is held responsible for all directives and policies found within the school handbooks.
Please send any inquiries and electronic resumes to Amanda Trapani, Director of Technology, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org